7.16.2009

The Erie Zoo


Liv and I finally made it to the zoo here in Erie, it's about 4 miles away from our house so it was a real struggle to get there! The 2 year old orangutan was very cute, he lives with his mom and dad that were doing their very best to ignore him, like all good parents. There was also a strange man that was sitting on the outside of the window talking to the dad orangutan and playing peek-a-boo with him.... freaky.

Every zoo needs a sleazy kangaroo... sick and wrong. It was neat that we got to just walk in the pen with the kangaroo's and wallaby's.


Me and Liv walking across one of the cute little bridges.


I love a two toed sloth, everybody should have one... me and Liv want a baby one!


The giraffe's were cute but I really miss handi-giraffe at Hogle Zoo.


My favorites were the Wild African Dogs.


Liv's favorite was the tamarin monkey.

Of course no Zoo trip is complete until you make a stop at the gift shop, Liv got a stuffed version of her favorite. All in all it was a pretty cute zoo, always a little bit sad to look at caged animals, but cute.

8 comments:

Jen said...

EVERYONE wants a two-toed sloth! It looks like it has a much nicer enclosure than the one here at Hogle. I also love the wild African dogs. I wish we had some of those here.

Shelly said...

I'm the worst mom ever... I've come to really hate the zoo, so I haven't taken my kids for 2 years. Our zoo isn't that great anyways, so they haven't really missed much. Glad you and Liv had fun.

Grandmajoann said...

What a fun way to spend the day. And, you two look really cute crossing the bridge. It is nice to have a close up of you Ang. Very pretty...I haven't been to a Zoo for years, I should go! I am glad that you have many places to go now Dad is working away from home for so many hours a day..Good luck with the new job Nate.

~Cynthia~ said...

I have to agree with Liv, that orange monkey is pretty darn cute. It looks like you two had a fun little outing together.

N and J said...

Thanks for introducing us to the Erie Zoo. Looked like an exciting outing. It gave us nostalgia so we got out some pictures from the scrapbook featuring us with Lex and Liv at the Hoogle Zoo. As I recall Liv liked the purple tongues of the giraffi and the butterfly building. We miss the girls so much. Pictures and memories aren't like the real things. Love ya====

Sheryl said...

I can't believe you went to the zoo the week AFTER we were there. I feel incredibly ripped off. LOL

Everyone should have a two-toed sloth. I wonder where we could get those! I have always liked going to the zoo, except for the gift shop part, I think they are fun.

Unknown said...

Oops I accidently deleted my comment.
I miss going on fun outings with Liv. It looks like you had a great time. Liv is growing up so fast, this post makes me miss you guys so much!!

Tiff and Trev said...

We've actually been to the zoo twice this year! It's so much funner going with kids! You got some great pics of the animals...it must not be too busy there, I swear at our zoo when I try to get pics of the animals there's like 10 other people in it! It seems like you guys have a lot of fun things in close proximity to you! Have you guys been to the lake a lot this summer?