6.05.2010

The Dance

Lexi's 8th grade formal dance was tonight. We had so much fun shopping and getting her ready! We turned the bathroom into a sweat shop... literally, Liv had back sweat we were working so hard!

Liv worked on her toes.....





.......while I worked on her hair.





And in the end the girl looked amazing!






Her "date" brought her these very lovely roses. But I was not allowed to come to the door with her and then was warned that I better not say or do anything embarrassing. I don't think I did anything too unsightly!





One of the moms hosted a dinner at her house and we all helped out bringing different dishes, but first we took pictures! Here is Lexi and her boyfriend Kory... they are quite the cute couple.... BUT we are not allowed to date yet and I might be buying a padlock to install on the outside of her bedroom door, in hopes that she remain there until she is 30!




Lexi and her best girl friends, don't they all look stunning?



Here is one of the boys, trying their best to look uninterested and cool!





And a group shot!




They had a yummy dinner together of Stromboli's, salad, fruit, chips, soda and cookies! And then we dropped the little darling's off to the dance.


Lexi said she had a great time and that the dance was a lot of fun. I can't believe how grown up she is, the teenage years definitely scare the Hell out of me because there is so much to worry about, BUT we are having so much fun! I love you Lexi!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Lex is definitely one smokin hot girl! It scares me to death that she is a teenager and I'm not even her parent. Love you, Lex!

Grandmajoann said...

Oh, how fun, and how great they all look! It is amazing how much they have grown up already. I am glad that she is having fun, WITH A BUNCH OF KIDS. Groupies are good. You look beautiful Lexie. We miss all of you.

Us said...

Ahhh! I cannot believe how big and beautiful your little one (not little any more) are. So fun to see your blog and see how amazing you are at being a mom. Good to see you and good to hear from you every once in awhile on the blog life.

Sheryl said...

Wow, what fun to have a group 'get ready for the dance' day. It really does look like she had a great time with a fun bunch of friends. Be afraid. Be very afraid. LOL

N and J said...

Lex, you look so beautiful although I doubt it really took much to make you look that way. You are such a pretty girl. Looks like the whole family really helped in making it a wonderful evening. Thanks for posting pictures!

Jessica said...

She definatly looked darling and I think I will be scared to death when Katie hits the teenage years.